7 Effective Social Media Marketing Tips for Local Small Business Owners
Are you lacking the rush of immediate sales and customers? Have you finally thrown away the yellow pages and are looking for more productive ways to market your business for increased profits. In this article I am going to embark upon 7 major effective social media marketing tips you can use for your local business to generate more traffic, awareness, and brand productivity.
Social media is going to be the best way to present your business to your current and potential customers on a ongoing basis. The reason the internet is so powerful and why you should morph your way over to the promise land is this..
You have the ability to present even while you are sleeping. Unbelievable? Believe it. In 2010 and beyond, it time to work smarter and not harder. It’s time for your business to take a step into social media reality.
1. Join Facebook Groups– If you are new to the internet, Facebook is a great place to meet and greet other business owners who are in your niche. It’s also a great place to research what the prospects in your market are hungry for, and how to get it to them. Once you get the hang of things, Facebook is the place to be if you want to build solid relationships and brand your name.
2. Facebook PPC– As you become more skilled, Facebook also has an interface where you can use pay per click advertising located on the right side of individual profiles. The key to this type of marketing is having the right picture, ad message, and capture page.
3. Videos– One of my favorite marketing strategies is video marketing. YouTube is set to surpass Google in the amount of searches it gets on a monthly basis. This is huge for your business, since more and more people would prefer searching for videos rather than articles. Get acquainted with this type of marketing for a surge in traffic and leads.
4. Optimization– Search engine optimization is still a force to be reckoned with. Don’t count this technique out. As you start to shoot videos and present your products and service to the world, with a little “tweeking” of a few keywords, you could be ranking pretty well in Google. Focus on the long tail keywords with this strategy.
5. Blogging– Blogs are a nice way to keep in touch with your loyal customers and also a great way to attract new clients. A blog will be the perfect space for you to exemplify your expertise to the masses.
With many different blog features you can interchange videos, articles, and audio to keep your readers interested at all times. Also, this is where you could build a newsletter list by giving away your best FREE gift for first time visitors.
6. Blog commenting– Once you have established a nice blog and have added some content on your pages, it would be a good idea to search for other blogs that are in your niche. A great way to build relationships online and to attract a surge of traffic is to comment on other business owner’s blogs.
Make sure you take the time out to read their articles, or listen to their videos before commenting so that you can give the best response. You will also be able to leave a link pointing back to your website, which the search engines adore.
7. Reaching Out on Twitter– Twitter is another place where you can polish up your social media strategies for long term success.
A great tip here would be to do a search for others who are marketing on twitter and start to get ideas, and build relationships. If your local small business is known for selling hot dogs, make it known especially on twitter.