Nowadays, promotion of every product requires web services. Therefore, it has become vital for businesses to design good quality websites. Not every company has the resource to design the website by itself and hence they need to hire a good website designer to design the website for them. Whether you design the website by yourself or outsource the task to some other company, it is important that the quality and the design of the website are good and attractive. Given below are certain rules for designing a good website:
• A clean layout works in favor of the website. A clean representation of text, right spacing, and usage of right images brings out the specialties in a page. Using too many images or a very large font might look unprofessional and can cause a negative reputation about the professionalism of your business.
• The time taken in loading of a web page is an important aspect that every website designer should take care of. Usage of graphical components like audio, video, images, flash and other graphics largely affect the speed of a website. Hence, the usage of graphical components should be kept to minimum unless it is really required. Moreover, no visitor will wait to visit a website that takes more than few seconds to load.
• If you have no choice but to use heavy graphical components, you can increase the efficiency of the website by using multiple frames in a single page. This considerably reduces the overheads in waiting for the page to be loaded. You can use multiple frames by including multiple HTML designs in individual frames. So, when you click on a link only the frame in that particular page is loaded.
• Multi-browser compatibility is another important factor that should be taken care of by the website designer. If a website works well with Internet Explorer but does not work with Mozilla Firefox, you are by default losing half of your customers. Therefore, before making your website live, test its compatibility with multiple browsers.
• You will definitely want to earn money through your website and there is no harm in using advertisements. However, advertisements in a web page should be used only till a permissible level. Do not over-use advertising in your website as it may prevent the original message from reaching the user. Unwanted pop-ups may annoy the user and reduce the credibility of your website. Therefore, it is better to avoid pop-ups as much as possible.
• Content is another important factor that largely governs the manner in which the intended message is conveyed to the customers. The content should be well-written using simple language and short sentences. There should not be any grammatical error and spelling mistakes. The message should be clear and the content should be engaging for the user
In addition to the above mentioned factors, it is important to make sure that the overall design and navigation structure of your website should be good and engaging to the user. An efficient website with clean design and good content is all that a user wants.