E-commerce is a boon to mankind on many fronts. Here, ecommerce website design is a critical aspect in the global market. This is because the e-commerce websites are the actual connecting line between consumers from all over the world and the millions of sellers of products and services. Before the e-commerce came along, the consumer base was grossly limited by geographical borders and demographic reach.
What Are The Pros of E-commerce For Consumers?
With the help of today's advanced ecommerce website design and technology you can buy anything and everything around the clock via credit card / debit card / Internet banking / COD (cash on delivery). Among the top benefits you can expect from the advent of ecommerce website design technology are:
– Effortless checkout: no queues; no sweat; no trouble. Everything would be at the click of the mouse.
– Most competitive pricing for any product or service. All you need is compare the prices and you get the advantage of choosing from a global market.
– 24/7 shopping access: You can buy anything you want whenever you want. You can shop before you go to bed, in the middle of the night or during your lunch break. Any time is a good time That is what ecommerce website design offers.
– Everything is accessible: With one click of the mouse you can buy stuff across the globe and have it delivered at your doorstep.
What Are The Cons Of E-Commerce For Consumers?
– Can not touch the products – Even though you can have clear photographs of the products, you can not touch them and ascertain their real quality. Sometimes, the photographs could be deceptive.
– Highly addictive – The ecommerce website design and technology is created to enhance the pleasure and convenience of shopping. For many, this is such a wonderful experience that they get addicted to it and end up spending much more than they intended to when they started out.
– Risk of credit card information theft – Branded companies use in their ecommerce website design technology the latest encryption software to ensure that the credit card information can not be accessed by anyone other than the intended party.
However, there are many false websites that use falsified ecommerce website design and convincing facades just to capture the credit card information. This is why you should always look for the "https: //" ("s" stands for "secure") at the beginning of the url and the 'verisign' mark on the page before giving your credit card information.