This article covers how to use Facebook as an effective marketing tool in your salon or day spa and how it can help your salon generate new clients, more repeat visits from existing clients, and boost your retail sales. Before I get into Facebook will help grow your business lets take a look at some interesting facts:
- Facebook has 350 million active users
- More than 2.5 billion photos uploaded to the site each month
- More than 3.5 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) shared each week
- Average user sees more than 55 minutes per day on Facebook
- More than 700,000 local businesses have active Pages on Facebook
- Average user becomes a fan of 2 Pages each month
- The average user has 130 friends on the site.
Facebook has become the fastest growing social media network network the world has ever known. Using Facebook in your salon gives you an immediate and effective way to share information about your business with your clients and potential clients. In fact, I guarantee that most of your clients are already using Facebook on a regular basis.
With Facebook boasts 350 Million active users, it is the best platform to get your message out to as many potential clients as you can in the quickest way possible and for the least amount of money. But what do you say and how do you say it? In this article I will share with you some simple steps to use Facebook for your salon or day spa.
- Set Up A Facebook FanPage – this is different than a regular Facebook account as FanPages are specifically designed for businesses where regular Facebook pages are designated for individuals. Your FanPage should have all your business information including the services you offer, a menu of prices, links to your website and all your contact information. I also recommend including your service vision, defining your culture and informing clients of the experience that they will get when they visit your business. For an example of a FanPage visit our page by clicking here.
- Include Pertinent Information.Your FanPage is your virtual salon, below is the most important information to include on your page:
On you front page, AKA your "Wall," you will want to post all your business information including a paragraph about your salon or spa culture, your address, phone number and web address.
Photo Tab – this is the place you will want to post photos of your salon, staff and, most importantly, examples of your finished work.
Video Tab – Post videos of techniques, tips & product information.
Promote Your Page To Ger Fans. You build your fans list just like you would in any business … advertise! Let your clients know you have a FanPage. I recommend communicating your Facebook presence on your website-there are icons available that you can put on your site and link to your FanPage. If you want an example visit our site salonsuccessstrategies.com. Include you icon in your email communications, and include your Facebook information in your printed marketing materials. Facebook also has advertising available on their site that is very affordable.
Once you have your FanPage set up remember to use it to post promotional and educational information about your business.