Flash Based Web Designs – Pros and Cons
Charismatic flash web designs are the call of the day. Today, more and more websites are hopping in with charming flash designs to enchant the human eye. Any website design, be it an HTML site or a flash based website, aims to garn in more customer loyalty. A web user looks for unique content, high speed, smooth navigation and attractive websites. The primary goal is to invite customers and hold them on.
Highly interactive and appealing flash based websites are, however, no exception to fallings. Neverheless, flash web designs are in great vogue these days.
Flash Web Designs
Originally, Adobe Flash was called Shockwave Flash. In the recent past, it was termed as Macromedia Flash but has now come to be known popular as Flash. Since the second half of last years of 20th century, Flash technology has become a popular means for creating interactive websites and applying animation in web design. Today, Flash web designs are a primary means to create animated series, add up video into web pages, web advertisements and more recently to develop internet applications.ActionScript language is used in flash.
* Extremely Interactive: Flash based games, e learning courses, edutainment are very much interactive. Visitors are charmed by the interaction which results in inviting more traffic.
* Highly Expressible: Animated features have a lasting impression in the human mind. Messages can be easily communicated to the visitor with the help of flash. For instance, flash having visible expression has a great bearing on the buying habit of visitor.
* Easy presentation: Products and services can be easily presented with the help of flash. For instance, demonstration of product.
* Attractive: Flash is very much visibly appealing. Arresting designs have captivating influence on the searchers mind.
* Constraints of Search Engine Optimization: Flash web designs are not search engine friendly. Search engine robots fail to index the content of flash websites. This results in poor ranking in the Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs).
* Slow loading speed: It takes a long time to download a flash based website. As a result, visitors may turn to other websites to get quick information in no time.
* Dynamic programming can not be used easily: Websites of dynamic programming can not easily use flash. If necessary, it is converted into HTML file and then followed by flash designs.
Despite the various loopholes surrounding the Flash based web designs, it is observed that this site design is in huge demand in recent times. Captivating designs that steal the visitor's attention at the first show.