Google Maps accessibility, Google Posts expire &a…
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google Maps will use crowdsourcing to identify wheelchair-accessible locations
Jul 6, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Anyone can now add accessibility information to places on Google Maps or business listings in search.
- Fix your outbound link problem in a single workday
Jul 6, 2017 by Pratik Dholakiya
Worried that poor outbound linking practices are hurting your site? Columnist Pratik Dholakiya shares his method for identifying and fixing these potentially detrimental links — without getting rid of the ones that are helping you.
- 7 most important SEO focus areas for colleges and universities
Jul 6, 2017 by Janet Driscoll Miller
For marketers in the education vertical, columnist Janet Driscoll Miller provides some helpful tips to get your site optimized in time for admissions season.
- Google Posts are removed after 7 days, with one exception
Jul 6, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Google has confirmed with Search Engine Land that you need to make sure to keep your Google Posts up to date in order to ensure you have fresh messages in your local panel.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Here’s why marketers should not ignore this Supreme Court case
- WeLens introduces software to manage group screenings of 360-degree video VR
- Amazon Prime hits 85M member milestone, researchers say
- 8 key steps for a successful Instagram takeover
Search News From Around The Web:
- Danny Sullivan, You Changed My Life. Thank you., SuccessWorks
Local & Maps
- Bing Local Pack Shows Live Traffic Conditions in Search Results, The SEM Post
- Building a map for everyone, Google Blog
- , Street Fight
- Google Earth Imagery Updates: Tornadoes, Google Earth Blog
- Google Adds Trending Now to Knowledge Panel "People Also Search For", The SEM Post
- Making it easier for publishers to share fact check content, Google Blog
- Selecting The Best Search Engine Marketing Agency (50 Veteran Tips), ignitevisibility.com
- 5 Reasons Clients Fire Their SEO Agency (And How to Easily Avoid Them), Search Engine Journal
- 6 of the Biggest Misconceptions About Ecommerce SEO, Search Engine Journal
- Google AdSense Launches Native Ads; Going Against Webmaster Guidelines Principles, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Bots Might Like Bold Text But…, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Search Console – a Beginner’s Guide to Finding Actionable SEO Tasks, sugarrae.com
- Google: Missing Embedded Video On AMP Page Error, Search Engine Roundtable
- July 2017 Google Webmaster Report: Google Algorithm Update, Mobile First Timeline & Google Posts, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO basics: How to use headings on your site, Yoast
- Why you should use the Yoast SEO text link counter, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- A master checklist to keep your PPC running smoothly during a site relaunch, 3Q Digital
- Everything You Need To Know About AdWords Editor 12, PPC Hero
The post SearchCap: Google Maps accessibility, Google Posts expire & link problems appeared first on Search Engine Land.