Inbound Marketing – The New Mantra to Increase Sales
Inbound marketing is the new mantra for the marketers who want to land customers. It is not the equivalent of the old salesman's knock on the door, but is more efficient way to generating sales. Outbound marketing is when you go after customers by various ways, whether it is personal calls, phone calls, mail or other outdated ways. Inbound marketing is when the customer comes to you – to put it very simply.
But how does the customer come to you? And why should he?
Today's customers are computer savvy and know how to use the internet to research and find good deals, do their shopping, buy products, streamline business and everything else. What's more, often inbound marketing has a global reach or at least a global presence, which may be important in certain businesses. At the same time you can target very niche and local areas via this form of marketing.
What is this new fangled marketing?
This kind of marketing uses the internet to pull in the customers. It uses all the internet resources like web sites, search engine optimization, social media, blogs, banner advertising, content marketing, even covert forum advertising to lure in the customers. The internet offers a platform to all kinds of businesses, regardless of budget or reach, to generate more sales.
Why is inbound marketing important?
The figures speak for themselves:
• 92 percent US residents use the internet for researching information.
• 78 percent go on the web to check out activities and products.
• 91 percent people use social media actively, some only once a month, but most more often.
• 64 percent read blogs.
It is not just the all pervasive presence of internet on computers alone as increasing numbers of people are turning to other computing devices like tablet computers and smart phones for various internet related activities.
So what do you have to do to get a piece of the pie?
If you want to increase sales using inbound marketing, you need to put a whole package together because this works in a symbiotic manner – just one thing alone will not be enough. So you need to be found by the search engines and for that you need:
1. A web site – a well designed web site is of paramount importance for any product or activity that you are selling. The web site should use link building and other methods to achieve high rankings as higher search engine rankings attract more people.
2. Content – The web site should provide useful and interesting content so that people land there in search of content. The content should also be search engine optimized so that your web site gets found.
3. Blog – A blog attached to your web site increases the viewership as professional blogs draw the interest of readers.
4. Social media – Social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Digg, YouTube and other sites with followers and likes actually increase interaction with potential customers and translate into sales.
5. Creative ways to generate leads – When you want to generate leads you need to use focused content and have offers or freebies on your site to attract customers.
6. A landing page – An interesting and well laid out landing landing page is vital to catch the potential client's attention and offers and content can translate into sales.
The best part of inbound marketing is that you can easily reach a niche target audience and this then translates into a higher percentage of sales.