With identity theft as prevalent as it is, ensuring that you have a secure ecommerce website not only will help protect your customers but also ensure that you are maximizing your online sales.
When you break it down, online sales is just like face-to-face selling – people need to trust you, or your website, before they will CONSIDER if they will buy from. If your website is the online equivalent of the back of a truck in an alleyway.
Here are a few tips to help bring your ecommerce store out of the digital alley – all which only take less than 10 minutes.
- Provide a contact phone number. People want to make sure that at the end of the day if they do have problems someone is there ready to support them.
- People love to look at other people. Your company is more than just a product or service, it's built by people. Show their beautiful faces online. People would much rather buy from a friendly face than a boring computer.
- If you accept credit cards online, plaster them logo all over. If you accept VISA, Mastercard or American Express, put those logos all over your site. Borrow some of their credibility and brand awareness, show people that you are committed to making their online purchases as easy as possible.
- Hackersafe and BBBonline. If you have been in business for more than 1 year, get the BBBonline certification right away (Better Business Bureau Online). It takes a bit of effort but make sure that you get certified by HackerSafe.com, it will do wonders to ensure that people are comfortable buying online from your website.
- Quality, useful, relevant content. Take the time to write a couple articles of information that is of value to your visitors. Not only are you providing a great service to your visitors now they do not need to surf away from your website to find more information. The longer they are on your site, the higher your chances are to make a sale.