Organic SEO Techniques – The Basics
Organic SEO the oretically can save you expenses related to advertising, but you have to take a call because SEO requirements can also oblige you to hire professionals. Advertising requires constant investment, while organic SEO is a one-time investment over a period of a few months. Since Google started auctioning popular keywords to top bidders, advertising is no longer profitable for small businesses.
Advantages of Organic SEO
1. Organic SEO techniques draw more traffic than advertising.
2. Organic SEO techniques reward relevant content, not advertising gimmicks.
3. Because customers are wary of advertised products, they rely more on search engine results to guide them to a relevant website. Therefore, if your website shows up among top search engine results, you win their trust.
Techniques That Work
A good SEO expert can be very useful if you are serious about how your website is ranked on Google, Yahoo, or MSN searches. However, you must always hire an ethical SEO. SEO is not magic and there are no one-size-fits-all formulas here. Each website has different SEO requirements depending on the target audience, nature of website, and budget allocation.
1. Content – Content is king. You do not have to be an SEO magician to be able to generate good content. You do need to be an expert in your business area though, while the ability to draw people in through writing is a bonus. If you are not a writer, hire experts. Content also refers to graphics, design, and various applications on your site.
2. Keywords – The first parameter is the nature of keywords and their variations. When web surfers look for information on vacuum hoses, chances are they will also look up “vacuum cleaners”, “cheap vacuum cleaners”, and “HOME appliances”. Being creative helps. The next parameter is keyword density. Remember that Google penalizes pages with a keyword density of more than 5 percent.
3. Site Navigation – Good site navigation invites visitors to explore the website further; poor site navigation sends them off to other websites, probably your competitors’.
4. Other factors – The other organic SEO techniques include extensive page interlinking, robot txt files, meta tags, and URL tweaking.
Organic SEO techniques require hard work, creativity, and diligence. However, if your website is genuine and you are not afraid of being scrutinized for relevance, organic SEO might turn out to be the more rewarding option for you.