If you are a web entrepreneur and looking to setup a new monetized web application, then you must have heard about PHP web development. PHP, being a relatively newer web development language, has outclassed some of the more classical coding jargons and has established its authority over the World Wide Web. Of course like other development languages, you need to have a web developer to get your application developed in PHP and outsourcing this work has been proven more beneficial than hiring an in-house team.
Some of the key aspects of hiring offshore PHP resources are:
1. Outsourcing PHP development work to countries like Pakistan is more economical and cost friendly. As we know that these countries are going massive infrastructure development and IT services and utilities are relatively cheaper, so you get lesser priced quotations.
2. One of the major benefits of outsourcing your PHP development work is that you can go on a turnkey bases with this. Going on turnkey bases will allow you to completely narrate all the requirements, challenges, expected out come and time frame to your providers and then all you need to do is wait for the results.
3. There is a lot of competition in freelancing and outsourcing market and with financial guarantors in the middle; you won’t be getting ripped of your heard earned money easily.
4. Due to high competition in freelancing and outsourcing field, you can expect better out comes because companies will try to retain you as a loyal customer. Now this is really important if you need to have continued business relation with your outsourcing partner.
5. Usually the providers respect your deadlines and try to deliver work before the time is over.
Apparently these are some of the benefits associated with outsourcing your PHP web application development work.
However there is another side of the story that you must know:
1. There are chances that you can end up dealing with an offshore scammer that might rip you off your money.
2. You can also come across inexperienced development resource that can not only waste your time but also your finances.
3. There are chances that your freelancer might be able to first rip you off your money and then outsmart you by opening a dispute within the freelancing portal.
4. On macro level, outsourcing huge volumes of work can create problems like unemployment, poverty and increased crime rate in your geographic location.
So how do you outsource work?
1. Make sure to run some background checks on the freelancer or resource you are outsourcing the work to. Internet searching can be helpful along with contacting some of the people who gave testimonials for your shortlisted resource or development firm.
2. Make full use of middle-man guarantees offered by portals like elance and freelancer.com.
3. Never transfer direct funds and try to use escrow as much as possible.
4. Do not act over lenient or strict with your provider. Going to extremes in both cases can result in loss of mutual trust and hence affects business relationship adversely.
5. Always make sure to sign a contract for private label rights for the codes you are getting done from your provider. This can help in situations where your code gets re-distributed etc.
6. Always Hire PHP Developer after testing the skill set and making sure that the guy knows what he is doing and claims.
So these are some of the pros, cons, challenges and proposed solutions when you want to hire php coders. These are basically generic propositions and are generally applicable on every type of outsourcing work.