Rocking Twitter for Your Business
Twitter may seem like an enigma to you but if that is true, it is time for you to get to know how to use it and to embrace all that it has to offer because its potential is vast.
There are the basics and then there are the advanced features
If you run a business, you probably have some sense that Twitter is a great, effective way to communicate although it limits those communications to 140 characters (with spaces) per tweet. You may be surprised at how effectively you can communicate with such a limit.
You may have a good understanding of the way Twitter basically works. However, at the same time, you may not be aware of all of its capabilities. Once you learn about them, you may be able to take advantage of those advanced features for great benefit to your business.
- Build Twitter lists: When it comes to business, lists are a critical organizational tool that no business person can do without. One important, advantageous list that you will want to build through Twitter is your influencer list. Not only should you list the influencers on your list but you should also add a place where you can make notes about what the influencers want to know. If you have a capability of answering his or her questions, you will be able to build a relationship that will be solid and enduring. The truth is that communications via Twitter seem to move very quickly. That means that there is a danger of your losing some of the information (or some of the information falling through the cracks). However, if you have captured important information in your list, it will be exactly where you want it and where you can access it at any time. Twitter lists are an extremely powerful tool and, surprisingly, fewer people take advantage of that feature than you might expect.
- Get involved in Twitter discussions: In addition to simply interacting with other people through Twitter, another way that you can communicate with other people is by setting up discussions that are predetermined. That is a really useful feature because it gives you the opportunity to prepare for the discussion, which inevitably means that it will be more productive and more useful. Very often, those Twitter discussions yield valuable feedback (and other ideas) that you can use to improve your brand in some way. Another very valuable result that can come as a result of those discussions is that those interactions can enable you to connect with other people on an emotional/human level, which is the only way that your relationships can exist.
- Create a Twitter video: Posting a video is a wonderful way to draw the right sort of attention from other people. Posting a video to Twitter is very easy and it can be extremely effective. You may be surprised to see how much additional traffic you get as a result. Depending on your particular business, you probably have a great deal of potential content that you would like to share with other people on Twitter. As the video is running, the text will appear so the audio part of your video is not as important as the visual part. Of course, it is critical in that case to ensure that everything is clear (not blurry or distorted in any way). If you aren’t sure about the content of your videos, give it some thought and use the feedback from your Twitter discussions to get ideas and to get inspiration. Remember, that you don’t want to make videos that are long. Thirty seconds of video (after editing) is a perfect length for you and for your viewers. Everyone is busy and nobody has the time or the patience to watch a video that is much longer than that anyway.
- Twitter allows you to tag other people: Tagging other people in photos is not just on Facebook and Instagram. Twitter also allows you to tag people. In fact, it allows you to tag a maximum of 10 people, which is a really good number. With that in mind, however, remember to use that feature sensibly and respectfully. If used appropriately, tagging people in photos will result in your relationships with those people becoming stronger and stronger. While we are on the subject, it is important to keep in mind that you should always give credit to people when they deserve credit. That can mean a variety of different things but whatever that means, it is always going to be the right thing to do.
- Take a Twitter survey: One of Twitter’s features is a Twitter poll. People love to offer their opinions and they like to feel that what they think is important to other people. The fact is that you will not only have a responsibility to keeping your finger on the pulse of what other people are doing and saying but also on what they are doing and saying about your brand as well. Feedback from your target audience is absolutely essential to your success. It must always be on the forefront of your mind. You can run regular Twitter polls or just introduce them on a more random basis. It is up to you to determine what works more effectively for your particular business.
The fact is that Twitter is a social media channel that is here to stay. Earlier on, it may not have been so clear that it was effective for business but that certainly is not the case anymore. Numerous people recognize its value for business and they are taking full advantage of all that Twitter has to offer. Embracing all that Twitter has to offer can only improve upon what you are already doing.