SEO – Keep it Simple to Sell it Big
This is what is key to remember and communicate when selling or explaining search engine optimization to a potential client. In fact, the more simple you keep it for your clients, the more knowledgeable you appear, as complete mastery of a topic allows you to simplify it, identifying and transmitting only the vital elements within it that will make the sell, leaving you with the technical aspects.
A good rule to apply when explaining search engine optimization to a person who has no knowledge whatever about it is to employ the thirty seconds rule. This is, any explanation you give should take thirty seconds and be absolutely clear and understood.
In order to be so accurate, you must know and understand your client, its interests and its necessities thoroughly, otherwise you will not be able to present the idea in terms that can be understood and are important for you to close the sale. If talking to a marketing person, talk in terms of strategy; if talking to a finance person, talk in terms of money, costs and savings.
In any case, here are several 'keep it simple' examples to explain search engine optimization even to a child.
– Why search engine optimization should begin with the website's design ?. Some SEO requirements call for compromises on the website's structure and building, like templates and CMS system choice, so, it is easier to establish this from the beginning.
– What is duplicate content ?. Equal or similar copies are duplicates. Every page is scanned by search engines to confirm the content in it is relevant and unique, if one page is equal to another in many aspects, one of them is discarded.
– What do search engines do to duplicate content ?. Search engines strive to simplify their clients lives, so, they choose one version of each content to list it under their results for that search, the rest is discarded.
– Why care for link building ?. Links are points in popularity. The more points, the higher you get, the higher you get, the more you are viewed and visited, the more you are viewed and visited, the more you sell.
– What links are good links ?. Good links are relevant links. Relevant in relation to how much they complement your products and services and in relation to their status on search engines.
– How is search engine optimization a strategic move ?. SEO guides you in marketing your website and deciding what quality content works for you. It knows how to effectively present you in the virtual world, how to connect you productively and where to get you valuable links.
The rule of "keep it simple" will assist you in unveiling to others the basics about search engine optimization so that they can grasp how it can serve their businesses and where it can take them.