Tips For the Best Website Design
For a website to be able to generate substantial revenues it is important to follow some basic tips when it comes to designing it. The best website design is the product of many well thought out strategies that can help to accelerate the traffic to the site and there are some basic easy-to-follow guidelines if you want to really make a mark with your site.
1. Content displayed must be exhaustive, attractively shown, informative, accurate and written in a manner that is easy for the layman to read through and understand. It is important to highlight what benefits the users are likely to get from the information they can access.
2. The overall look and feel of the web portal is critical for its popularity among Internet users. It has to appeal to the viewer at first glance; only then is he likely to be motivated to read on further. The colors and images displayed must be in keeping with the overall theme of the business.
3. Every web page must have a brief summary about the information on that page and a title tag so that the client knows what he is there for and exactly what information he can get.
4. Easy navigation must be ensured to make your website a hit with users. If a surfer has difficulties in navigating from one page to another, then it is a big hazard. The visitor instantly loses interest in the site and moves on to another. A navigation menu must be placed on each page for the convenience of the user.
5. The background text should be kept as concise and simple as possible. Content should be displayed clearly without including fancy fonts and loud colors that can distract the reader.
6. The web page should not be overcrowded with too many graphics or pictures or animated images. If there are too many items popping up or blinking continuously, the viewer tends to get confused and irritated.
7. Image backgrounds too should be ideally avoided since it slows down the speed of downloading. When a user has to spend a whole lot of time for the page to download, he is likely to lose interest. Visibility must be clear and to ensure that fonts and background colors must be very carefully chosen
8. Care must be taken to see that all information on the web page is spelt correctly. Wrong spelling can convey a rather poor image of the site owners and shows their negligence of quality control methods.
9. The best design must always have contact details so that the user can get in touch if he needs to order any product. This professional touch is vital to building a company image. Some sites even contain details about the services offered by the company, the company policies etc. that is of great value to a new client.