Web Design – 5 Tips to Design a User Friendly Website
Today, almost every business has a website. A website is an extended marketing arm of a company. Every day, there are prospects going online to search for information regarding your products or services. This means that your business must have a web presence in order to capture these prospects.
A good website is user-friendly and has strong call to action statements to ask for enquiries or sales. Sometimes, businesses make their websites too complicated. When your visitors have difficulty using your website, you can forget about the sales.
Therefore, design a user friendly corporate website is very important for you. Now let me share with you 5 tips to design a winning site:
1. Make sure that the design of your site is professional. If your site looks unprofessional, it is a major turnoff to your prospects. If you do not have the necessary skills to design an appealing website, make sure you outsource this task to a professional web design agency.
2. Have a clear and simple navigation bar. When your website visitors are confused on how to use your site, it is time to change your navigation bar. You can get a few friends or associates to test the navigation friendliness of your website. Your navigation function should be so simple that a 60 year old grandma will have no trouble using it.
3. Make sure that your pages load fast. Remove unnecessary flash banners or images. When it comes to online, the tolerance level of your visitors is very low. If you let them wait too long for your page to load, they will leave your site.
4. If you are selling products or services directly online, make sure that you provide multiple payment options. Make it as simple as possible for your customers to pay you. When you have more options, you can capture a bigger market share.
5. Provide your office phone number or a company email address so that your customers can contact you. It is vital that your customers can get hold of you quickly when they have any question regarding your products or services. Contact information that you should provide are: phone number, fax number, mailing address and email address. When you list down your physical address and other contact information on your website, it builds trust with your customers.
Hope that you remember these 5 tips and put them into practice. If you have not done any of the above, it is not too late to start now.