Website designing is a large market to break out in. With the digital age well upon us, it seems like ever person left right and centre is trying to get a break when it comes to technology. There is always someone trying to outdo another, which makes the competition a very large and very difficult thing to overcome. Luckily, you have these tips to follow, ensuring you’re on-par with the competition and in some cases, get you noticed by the bigger fish in the designing pond and start your website design path today.
1. Keep it simple – Colours and flashy logos can be enjoyable, but after a while it can become an eyesore for frequent viewers of your site. This could eventually deter others from visiting and eventually avoid your site altogether. In some cases, having a sleek design can pay off, but ultimately if your visitors can not accomplish what they wish to do due to your design, then it hinders more than helping your goal of becoming a website designing king.
2. Consistency is key – As well as keeping your site simple, you need to keep it simple all the way through the site. You can’t simply have one page being flashy and bright, with the next page being dark and bland, otherwise you will leave visitors wondering if they’re still on the same website, causing confusion. That’s not to say that every page on your site needs to have the same layout, but instead you should create different layouts for specific pages, all the while keeping the same colour schemes for your design, which is what most website designing entrepreneurs go for.
3. Keep mobile friendly – As stated in a previous number of articles, it is absolutely essential to keep all your websites mobile friendly. An extremely large portion of website browsing is done through handheld devices such as tablets and smartphones, showing that it is important to keep your site optimised for mobile viewing. Optimising for mobile viewing, in most cases, will result in a more responsive website design when it comes to desktop viewing, making for a smoother website look.
4. Communicate quickly – In a world that is extremely fast-paced, the internet is to exception to this golden rule. When visiting a website, people typically want their information fast, and if they need to invest too much time, will most likely leave the page as soon as they clicked the link that bought them to it. It is recommended to make your information quick, simple and easy to read and digest for viewers, boosting efficiency and creating more traffic.
5. Include images – We all know the age old saying; “one picture speaks a thousand words.” And this saying also applies to designing a website. Choosing the right layout and photo’s can really help click with the target audience, and help with recommendations and referrals to other visitors. It should also be noted that not only images should be used, but also info-graphics, video’s and animations. If you are not invested into a stock image subscription, it may help to invest into one. If you are also proficient with Adobe Photoshop and other related applications, it can also be helpful to design your own photo’s to avoid copyright issues.
Web Design Myrtle Beach