What is search engine optimization? What to do?
WHAT IS SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION?
Search engine optimization is a process through which we can increase the traffic of any website or webpage to enhance their visibility at top Search engine result page (SERP) on a search engine, such as Google, Bing, yahoo .
- Advantages of Search Engine Optimization:
- Your website will be found
- Improve your competitive edge
- Expand your customers and target audience
- Free traffic
- Targeted traffic
- Global reach
- Increasing visibility
- Search Engine Optimization Strategy:
- Keyword searching
- Put unique and relevant titles on every webpage
- Give appropriate description to each webpage
- Use selected keywords in your website
- Use your keywords as a anchor text at the time of internal linking
- Use alt and title tags for image
- Create xml and html sitemap(submit it to Google and Bing webmaster)
- Create Google analytics code(tracker id code)
Types of Search Engine Optimization :
- On Page optimization
- Off page optimization
On page optimization:- on page optimization directly related to the content and structure of the website or it is a process of optimizing the website/webpage which includes title, meta tag, alt tag, description, content or we can make some changes in that.
- Title tags
- Description tag optimization
- Keyword tag optimization
- Image optimization
- txt file
- Xml and html Sitemap creation
- Internal links
- Content writing
- Creating/uploading of Google analytics code
- Creating/uploading of Google webmaster code
- 301 error detection
- Social abilityOn page optimization includes following tags:
- Title tag-Title tags are the words that appear at the top of your web browser which is used by the search engine as the title of every webpage. Limitation of title is up to 60 to 70 character
- Description tag-It is a Meta tag that is used to describe the information about your each webpage. Limitation of description is 160 to 170 characters.
- Keyword tag-It is also Meta tag that includes number of keywords and keyword phrases that you have targeted to that specific webpage. There is no limitation for keywords.
Off page optimization:- off page optimization helps to increase the website traffic. It is the method of earning more back links from the authorized websites in order to enhance the ranking of websites in search engine result page (SERP).
- Directory submission
- Article submission
- Blog posting
- Social bookmarking
- Blog commenting
- Forum posting
- Video promotion
- Press release submission
- Article submission-article is a specific topic or an event which mainly based on opinions, thought and views. It helps to promote the products and services and provide detail information of them to user.
Benefits of article submission:
- High ranking
- Multiple links from the same article
- Direct traffic to your websites
- Better reliability
- Directory submission-directory submission is a process of submitting your website URL to the particular website directory. This helps to increase the site visibility and creates proper inbound links to your website.
Benefits of directory submission:
- Higher position in search engine result page (SERP)
- Increases website traffic
- Increases link popularity
- Social bookmarking-it is a one method of sharing sites or WebPages of website through which we come across the online community. The ability to save and categorize a personal collection of bookmarks and share it with other.
Benefits of directory submission:
- Bookmarked information is usable in future
- Social bookmarking sites help to flow visitor from all over the web.
- Rank a particular resource which is based on how many times resource is get bookmarked by users.