Are you looking for a social media manager job, but do not know where to find them. In this short article I'll give you some tips that could help you land a few SMM jobs in the next 48 hours.
The demand for these jobs is huge, more and more companies are looking for managers to manage their social media profiles. Here are just some of the different placed you can find companies hiring:
- simply hired
- AOL jobs
- mashable jobs
- yahoo hot jobs
- Twitter job search
- use Google Alerts
As you can see there's a whole list of places where you can find jobs in this industry. In some cases the qualifications are high and you need to have experience or a type of degree, but the major only require basic skills like:
- Serve as the information hub, communicator and daily monitor for online activities within company
- Control user submitted media, messages and emails, monitoring forappropriate content, spammers or content that can be promoted.
- Overlook user experience with how-to documentation and useful tips in communications.
- Supervise special sponsorship and contest programs and tagging
- Control positive community site experience through customer service and support.
- Control content for email newsletters from contributors.
5 tips you can do right now to improve your chances of getting hired as a social media manager
If you have not setup all your social profile accounts like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others, go do that now.
Fill out all the boxes and information required to have your profiles 100% complete.
Email at least a minimum of 10 jobs or employers (the more resumes the more chances.)
If you get an interview, show that you're passionate about working with the company and representing them in the best way possible.
If you've had any experience whatever with social media, write down or demonstrate it however possible.
Getting hired as a community manager in the spot
Although the demand for social media jobs is high and the supply has not caught up to it, you'll still run into competition and you have to differentiate yourself in some way. The key to snagging the job is to show them that you're really the best person for this job. If they're a pet supply store, tell them about your dog and how you've always had a pet. Do not lie to get the job though. If you do not really have any common ground that's alright. We do not want to seem like we're trying to hard.
Do you still want to learn more about social media manager jobs?